SUSE System Administrator 11 - January 1, 2015
Linux+ - January 1, 2015
- CompTIA Linux+ validates the competencies required of an early career system administrator supporting Linux systems.
- Unlike vendor-specific certifications, CompTIA Linux+ covers multiple distributions, validating skills that help prevent platform lock-in and that promote more flexible approaches to Linux system troubleshooting.
CompTIA A+ - March 27, 2008 CompTIA
- The CompTIA A+ certification is the starting point for a career in IT. The examination covers maintenance of PCs, mobile devices, laptops, operating systems and printers.
MS Windows Server 2003 Administration - August 2, 2008
- MS Windows Server 2003 Administration measures knowledge of administering a server running Microsoft's Windows Server 2003 operating system. Designed for experienced network administrators, this test covers the following topics: Active Directory, Disks and File Systems, Installation, Maintenance, Migration, Networking, Security, Server Administration, and Troubleshooting.
Disaster Recovery and Planning - July 2, 2008
- Disaster Recovery and Planning test measures knowledge of recovery techniques in the event of a disaster. Designed for administrators, this test covers the following topics: Essential Concepts and Terminology, Exposure and Risk Analysis, Disaster Prevention (Avoidance), Planning Fundamentals, Asset Management, Backups and Offsite Storage, Communications, Preparation Essentials, Recovery/Interim Restoration, and Relocation to Primary Site/Final Restoration.
Listening Skills - April 23, 2008
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of many advanced concepts within this topic. Appears capable of mentoring others on most projects in this area.
Linux Administration (General) - March 28, 2008
- Linux Administration (General) test measures knowledge of the key issues and concepts of administering in a Linux environment. This is our core Linux Administration test and is focused on the general aspects of Linux that span all Linux variations. Designed for experienced system administrators, this test covers the following topics: Configuration and Administration, Heterogenous Environments, Installation, Kernel Customization, Managing Applications, Networking, Performance and Accounting, and Security.
Unix Administration (Solaris 8) - July 6, 2007
- UNIX Administration (Solaris 8) test measures knowledge of Sun's Solaris 8 implementation of UNIX. This test covers general UNIX questions; we recommend individuals seeking to certify their core UNIX skills complete our UNIX Administration (General) test. Designed for experienced administrators, this test covers the following topics: Administrator Maintenance, Devices, File Systems, Network Services, Security, Setup and Configuration, Shell Programming, Troubleshooting, and Performance Tuning, and UNIX System Knowledge.
Unix Administration (General) - December 29, 2005
- UNIX Administration (General) test measures your knowledge of the key issues and concepts in administering an UNIX environment. This is our core UNIX Administration test and is focused on the general aspects of UNIX that span all UNIX variations. Designed for experienced system administrators, this test covers the following topics: Boot Process Commands & Tools, File Systems, Files, Generic Unix Administration, Health Monitoring, Networking Concepts, Networking Services, Performance Tuning, Processes, Security, Services and Applications, Shells and Shell Scripting, Troubleshooting, and User Maintenance.
Server Administration - December 12, 2005
- Server Administration test measures ability to administer a server using any platform. Designed for experienced administrators, this test covers the following topics: disaster recovery, hardware, management process, network addressing and routing, optimization, security, storage, users and resources.
Information Technology Terminology - December 12, 2005
- Information Technology Terminology test measures knowledge of the terms associated within the IT industry. Designed for all IT professionals, this test covers the following topics: Data Communications, Data Security, Data Storage and Practices, IT Management, Internet and WWW Standards and Practices, Network Topology, Operating Systems Standards and Practices, PC Hardware, and Portable Storage.
Computer Fundamentals (Win XP) - December 29, 2005
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of core concepts within this topic. Appears capable of working on most projects in this area with moderate assistance. May require some initial assistance with advanced concepts, however.
Master Customer Assistance - July 23, 2003
- Customer Assistance test measures knowledge of interpreting a policy guide and resolving customer issues and problems based on policy, procedures, and guidelines within a scenario or reference guide.
Telephone Etiquette - July 23, 2003
- Telephone Etiquette test measures knowledge of how to conduct telephone conversations in a professional manner. Designed for anyone dealing with clients or customers on the phone, this test covers the following topics: Answering Phones, Communication, Customers, Handling the Call, Listening, Professionalism, Telephone Equipment, Telephone Personality, and Terminology.